Sunday, July 12, 2009

Easy Pulled Pork BBQ

Put a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker with a can of root beer for 4-6 hrs; drain most of the root beer off. Pull the pork (it'll be so tender it'll just fall apart); mix in your favorite BBQ sauce, adding onion*; cook for another hour. Make it sloppy. Serve on buns - or not - and tada, a yummy oohy, goohy mess. YUM

*If you use Mama Jo's BBQ Sauce recipe, she puts onion in her sauce. If you want more onions, add them.

Erin got this recipe from a friend - it's easy, easy, easy!

2 comments:

  1. Erin fixed this BBQ last night for friends and said that it was EASY and GREAT. FYI...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great! Here are some helpful notes I received from Erin: 12 oz. root beer per two pounds of pork loin (no need to purchase more expensive tenderloin.) Also, mom and I cooked it on high for 4 hours in the beginning. After we drained root beer and added sauce and onions, we cooked on low for an additional hour.

    ReplyDelete